Preparing for Your Nuclear Cardiology Procedure
Procedure Location: Atlanta Heart Group, P.C.
2665 North Decatur Road
Decatur, Georgia 30033 / (404)-297-9077
PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE IF ANY QUESTIONS ARISE.
Prior to your scheduled stress test, DO NOT participate in any strenuous and/or stressful physical activities.
1. Please bring a sweater, jacket, or warm clothing because of the COLD temperature that may exist in our waiting room.
2. All patients should wear a TWO piece outfit with a METAL-FREE SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT or a SHORT SLEEVE, LOOSE FITTING T-SHIRT.
3. If you are scheduled to exercise on a treadmill please wear clothes appropriate for exercising. (i.e. tennis)
4. Please DO NOT put any lotion, oils or cologne on prior to the exam.
5. Female patients need to wear a bra that DOES NOT contain an underwire, because the wire may interfere with the ECG tracings.
If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant please inform the technologist.
6. DO NOT eat or drink after midnight prior to your test if otherwise directed by the physician or nurse. (NO CAFFEINE PRODUCTS 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE EXAM)
7. Smokers: DO NOT SMOKE the morning of the study because the nicotine alters the heart rate response during exercise.
8. Medications: Please follow the instructions provided by your physician and BRING all of your medications with you including inhalers and diabetic medications. PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE IF ANY QUESTIONS ARISE.
9. DIABETICS: If you have a machine to check your blood sugar, bring it with you on the day of the study.
10. The duration of the procedure is 4-5 hours. Please make arrangements for this time frame. (i.e. transportation, accompanying a special needs patient.)
NOTE: There is a possibility that your exam may have to be completed over a two (2) day period. Every effort will be made to complete your procedure in the allotted time.
11. Please give us a 24 hour notice if you must cancel this test to avoid being charged for the radioactive material.
12. Please be prepared to pay for the following items: a light meal between the exam, your insurance co-payment and parking on the day of the procedure.
13. YOU will be responsible for all personal items/valuable during the procedure. The staff WILL NOT be responsible for any items during the testing day.
14. Please contact our billing department at 404-297-9077 if you have any questions regarding your financial obligation.
Please contact our North Decatur campus office if you have any question. Thank you for your cooperation.